Monday 13 November 2023

November 13, 2023

 This past week has been unforeseen. I was supposed to be working a week at my old school, something I was looking forward to. Unfortunately we caught Covid - for the first time after our Toronto adventure helping our friends with the Royal Winter Fair. I had a relatively mild dose, feeling better in a few days, but still having to cancel my teaching that week. Son was barely symptomatic and only took three days off of work. Husband had it the worst and still has a cough and not much energy. Oh well, that’s how it goes.

Today was “ mild” so I took advantage of the day and got out my loppers and cut back most of the shrubs along the pool fence. This is something I really wanted to get done and I’m glad I did it. I was tired by the time I had carried all the branches away! I have three days of teaching this week. Then I get to prep for a colonoscopy a week from today. Yippy! I’ll be glad when that’s done, although I know it’s not a big scary thing, but not something you want to be participating in often!

I was feeling like I wanted to disinfect the house after all the coughing and sneezing. I cleaned counter tops and mopped floors and disinfected doorknobs and the tv remote! I’m sure I’ll do it all over again but it felt good to do that to begin with! 

Have a good week my blogging friends! 

23 comments:

  1. Hooray it was mostly a mild infestation. At least your shrubs are trimmed back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you all make full recovery - and congratulations to the Canadian Women's Tennis team BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I’m good and so is my son, just waiting on husband.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you all caught covid! And oh my, the dreaded colonoscopy prep, LOL! It's the worst thing about getting a scope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poor husband deserves sympathy. You and your son got away lightly from COVID; hubby did not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful...it may have been just a light infection..but the effects can still hang on if you overdo things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't rush yourself to get things done. Be sure to rest. My husband and I got it back in October, and we were sickly for 2 weeks. It was mostly fatigue, nausea, loss of smell and taste, but we felt horrible. Hoping you all recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you and son had a mild case of Covid, and I do hope your husband recovers from his case.
    Good luck with the colonoscopy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keeping our fingers crossed that we do not get it again. We caught it at Easter and while neither of us was very ill, we just do not need it again. So glad that you and your son had mild cases.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn, and you were looking forward to that job at your old school. Thank goodness the dose was mild and you could get outside. Cleaning up the garden after summer is so satisfying. We can plant more though while you'll be covered in snow. Good health to hubby and yourself...and son

    ReplyDelete
  10. Getting the shrubs cut back is a great accomplishment. You and your son lucked out with mild cases, I hope your husband feels better soon. A friend is dealing with some reactions to the vaccine and this is no picnic as well. The colonoscopy prep is definitely the worst part of the entire procedure. At least the procedure lasts an hour and then you are done for several years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geez, colonoscopy...wish you well with that Jenn! I'm glad you didn't have Covid too bad and hope hubby gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh boy. Not much fun going on at your house! I am glad it was a mild case.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about the Covid at your house. Seems like many who travel lately come back with it... but mostly mild. I was worried when we went on our recent road trip, but luckily we missed it. As for the colonoscopy, yes, the prep is the worst part. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry to hear that. Insult to injury, getting it while helping others. I'm glad it wasn't a bad case and that you were able to do something so productive today! Well done. Hang in there and don't push too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear you caught the beast. Be easy on yourself. It takes a while to really shake it off.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh, I'm sorry you had the covid...but glad to hear it did not affect you or your family much. Colonsoscopy in my near future also...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Any updates ? All well by now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m feeling fine apart from a bit of congestion. Husband is still struggling but tests negative.

      Delete
  18. Sorry to hear about the COVID. I also did some cleaning today. Wishing you healthier days ahead.

    ReplyDelete