Wednesday 6 April 2016

spaghetti squash supper

I am trying to eat much more healthfully in the hopes of reducing my extra late 40's weight. The concept is to put protein with complex carbs (veggies, whole grains, fruit) with each meal. I bought a spaghetti squash when I went shopping this past weekend and went looking for recipe ideas. Tonight I decided to create a "Greek" ensemble. I baked the two halves of the squash for about an hour, then scooped out the shredded squash into a baking dish. On top of that I added Greek seasoning, tomato, spinach, black olives, feta cheese, onion, and some cooked chicken breast that I had left over from another meal.


It is under a tent of tinfoil right now and I'll see if it was a success in a little while.
Out of the oven


The verdict was mixed. My husband and I liked it but I think I would add more of everything My son wasn't all that fond of it. He's not a big fan of  squash. Will I make it again? Probably not.

On a different note, it snowed like crazy today. (Eye roll)

4 comments:

  1. It certainly looks delicious. And the ingredients sound really good, a nice combination. What was it lacking?

    We got some snow here today, too, but not that much. It started coming down fast at one point and I thought "oh no...noooooo...". But luckily, it slowed down and we were spared! Phew...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds delicious. I love spaghetti squash so this would be a great way to include it in a one dish meal!! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say. It is always a good thing to try something new I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was curious to see how you liked the casserole, so thanks for including the results! Not sure how it would go over here...
    It's snowing here this morning. Boo!

    ReplyDelete