Thursday 26 May 2022

Taking an Idea from Diana - Answering some Questions just in case There are Enquiring Minds!

I see that Nana Diana is taking a well-deserved summer break. In her second last blog post, she did a fun activity, answering some questions about herself and invited others to do the same. So I shall give it a go. 



 1.  Where do you like to vacation? 

My favourite places (and I haven't been to a lot of different places in the world) have been Prince Edward Island, here in Canada, and the Cotswolds area of England. Both are beyond quaint and beautiful in their own ways. 


2.  Do you have pets?
Yes, we currently have two cats: Scooter-the-cat-with-no-tail who is a black and white long haired cat, and Murphy the crazy decision during yet another Covid lockdown in Canada kitten/ now cat who is a tabby with white feet. We have never had a dog because we knew it wouldn't be fair to have it be on its own so much when we were at work. Both son and daughter have had a fish or two when they were little (Goldie and Army, I seem to recall).


3.  What is your favorite color?
See now, this one is pretty much impossible because it isn't about individual colour, it's about combinations of colours. For example, the iridescent combination of red and green in a stem of rhubarb is without comparison. Gold and green or gold and deep red makes me heart swoon at Christmas time. Spring green and pink makes me want to have poofy upholstered furniture in a feminine bedroom setting. The list goes on and on...


4.  How many are in your family?
In our own family, we have my husband and I, our daughter and our son who are now 26 and 22. In my own family growing up, there was my father, mother, two older brothers and an older sister. 

5.  What is your least favorite thing to do?
Mmmm, again, how to narrow this down? Waiting at an airport, shopping for presents (I'm terrible at it!), having to drive in a city with crazy traffic and not knowing where I'm going, dusting the house, dealing with confrontation...

6.  What is your most favorite thing to do?
Gardening without back ache, being around furry animals or seeing interesting birds at the bird feeder, having solitude in the house to read, watch what I want, eat what I want..., seeing beautiful sights, beautiful nature... I'm pretty low maintenance and a home body.

7.  If money were no object what would you like to do when you retire?
I have a hard time imagining a life in which money was no object, honestly. I suppose I would want to have enough things to do or see to keep me occupied. I'm not good with down  time. I would mostly love to have a life where my children can visit and be comfortable and happy, or be able to take wonderful  hassle-free trips to beautiful places and take family with me.

8.   What is your favorite season?
I always said it was Fall because I loved the "feel" in the air and the colours. But I'm thinking summer is now a close second.


9.   What book are you currently reading?
Believe it or not, I'm not currently reading anything! My library card ran out at the library in a town close by and I'm just ticked off enough about having to pay for a library card (it should be free according to the township I live in) that I decided not to renew. There is another library system I can go to in a different town, but I just haven't made the time to go investigate yet. If I was reading, it would likely be a murder mystery, probably set in England.

10. What time do you go to bed, get up in the morning?
If I am scheduled to teach at a school, I get up somewhere in the vacinity of 6:20 in the morning. If I'm not teaching, I sleep until I feel like getting up, but I don't like when I sleep in too late. It feels like wasting the day. I go to bed by 11:00 but often stay up reading or watching things on the computer. 


11. How long have you been blogging?
I had to go view my blog to get the answer for this one, but apparently I've been blogging since 2014 which feels like last week for me, but is in fact now about eight years! Holy cow! When did that happen??



At the end of Diana's Q and A, she included fun facts about herself. I don't think I have any fun facts, but I'll try for a few.

- I drove "half way across" Canada in a tiny three cylinder car to attend teacher's college by myself.
-I like brussel sprouts and hate salmon.
-I am extremely scent sensitive and no longer wear perfume or have anything scented in my house and have been known to breath through my hair as a filter when having to be close to students whose clothing smelled of strong fabric softener.
-My super power was being able to find things. I think it has faded a bit these last few years. I wish my super power was being able to teleport to anywhere.
-I would love to have a little hobby farm (oh, maybe that's what I should have said about the retirement / money no object question).
-I was morbidly embarrassed by my parents growing up and just wanted "normal" fun parents like other people's.
-I can't drive a standard (stick shift).
-The rules surrounding spelling, grammar, and punctuation are not too difficult for me and seeing errors in news articles drives me nuts.
-I'm often afraid of dogs I don't know.
-I love Dairy Queen Smarties Blizzards!

16 comments:

  1. Fun post! I liked reading your answers. PEI is a wonderful spot to vacation, I agree. I've only been there once, but I'd love to go again, stay in a nice B&B, rent a car and just drive all over the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun post to read and learn more about you. I think many of us would say our parents embarrassed us...especially as teenagers....I know mine did. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now we know all about you! I don't hate brussel sprouts but they are not a great favourite but I love salmon! I have it for dinner at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to learn a bit more about you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your questions and answers. I am also a dab hand at finding lost things. I hope my skill there is not fading. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with you on #3 & #6. For me gardening is getting pain free (shoulder) since I started seeing an Osteopath earlier this year - she's a miracle worker! ... Mary-Lou =^[..]^=

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you wrote about the combination of colors. That's really spot on but I never thought of it that way before. I loved your answers, learning more -- especially the fun facts! (I have scent issues, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this was fun to read! Would be fun if all our blogging friends would answer the questions about themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too enjoy reading these; I got to know you better. A coincidence that I posted a meme of my own today.

    I cannot imagine not having something to read going at all times, though. That was the big surprise in your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a lot of fun to read! It was nice to get to know you better. My husband and I will finally head east this fall to visit P.E.I and Nova Scotia! I'm really looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A hobby farm...Jenn, that's on my list of things I would love to have...hopefully in the near future I can make that come true! P.E.I. is a wonderful place to visit! I lived there for a year and wouldn't settle down there, the summers are lovely but the winters are very windy, cold and drab! Just my opinion of course!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun getting to know you better. I'm good at losing things 😅

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun post! It's always interesting learning some fun facts about our blog friends.
    I also love Brussel sprouts and hate salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is your least favourite thing to do? Agree with you on that shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Personally, I love a good Oreo blizzard and will bike ride fifteen miles in my efforts to get one.

    ReplyDelete