Tuesday 18 April 2017

A Bit of Easter

Easter weekend was very nice. I don't decorate very much for Easter because I would only want decorations up for a limited time.


I cut some daffodils that grow wild "down the lane" and put some on the kitchen table along with a cute little cream and sugar set.


I took the lid and little spoon away from the rabbit that is supposed to be a sugar bowl and filled it with chocolate eggs instead.



I put more daffodils in a pretty little pitcher and placed that on the coffee table in the den along with three metal rabbits.



I've had these rabbits for years. The basket on the upright rabbit detaches. I put a few foil wrapped chocolate eggs in his basket.


I brought out my cute little square bunny pillow as well.

This was the first year that I didn't set up an Easter egg hunt for the kids. They are now 17 and 20 years old, so I decided it was time to wrap up that tradition (even though the recent ones were a lot of fun because we made it very hard to find the eggs). I did make up little Easter baskets for everyone. They're growing up and had their respective girlfriend and boyfriend over, but it was still lovely to have an Easter gathering around our table.

I just read over this post and almost put myself to sleep!! I have nothing thrilling to add. Except maybe that Easter candy is like my kryptonite and I'm awfully glad I never got involved in any hard drugs or addictive pain killers because my lack of will power would be my downfall and I'd be writing this blog from rehab.

Of course, my twisted way of dealing with this was allowing myself a day where I could eat my chocolate eggs and tiny little chocolate bunny and not record any calories, and then the next day I had to rein it in and behave. And that's what I did. So there.

17 comments:

  1. Your Easter rabbits are adorable! Adding festive decorations is always fun.

    A day to treat yourself is not the end of the world. Plus, it didn't really happen if you didn't record it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunny with the knapsack! Oh, how I covet her. She made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the knapsack detaches! I'm not kidding. Perfect!

      Delete
  3. I love the bunny sugar bowl filled with chocolate. (My daughters were never big chocolate eaters so I used to love helping them out at Easter!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bunnies!
    Your willpower is apparently stronger than you think if you can just eat a few chocolate eggs and a tiny bunny before reining it in again. Yay, you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorations. Simple but sweet and adds just the right amount of Easter to your home. I did not do any décor this year, but I will next year. I concentrated on the grand spending her first walking Easter hunting eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great decorations!... daffodils are such a cheery announcement of Spring, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and I have about the same amount of Easter decorations. Mine are still out and about this Wednesday morning, how 'bout you? We had steady rain all day yesterday so I used that as an excuse not to put them away as I have to go back to a storage shed to get the box they go into for another year's sleep. This was the first year in a long, long time I didn't make and decorate sugar cookies as Easter eggs. Wonder if anybody missed them? No feedback so maybe I can chalk that little task off my list for future years. :o]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very spring & pretty. Like bunnies a lot but not in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very strong. I'm with the eat dessert first crowd. We have those wild jonquils around the farm, but yours are double. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, your post didn't put ME to sleep! I think it sounds like a wonderful day. I love how you put chocolate in the bunny. Very smart and pretty too -- and I'm such a sucker for daffodils! I keep up some of the things through much of spring (bunnies and birds.) Eggs go down, though. Probably today or tomorrow. I'll miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are pretty daffs. Nobody here seemed too interested in decorations this year so I just put up the ones I liked, ie no lurid plastic eggs. This year was the first year without a trail for me too. I have to say I did not miss laying it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your Easter decor. Glad you enjoyed your chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too allowed myself a chocolate egg on Easter day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your decorations are exquisite. Much envy for the sugar bowl, creamer and that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That must be a really BIG patch of wild Daffodils!! Lovely!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a candy eater (unless I make my own), but I love the flowers. Love them, so pretty. Love yellow.

    ReplyDelete