Thursday 29 October 2015

I'm on Mute

So... I have been off work for two days with full blown laryngitis. This has happened before. (I talk a lot in my line of work). I know that all I can really do is just not talk and rest things. It is really frustrating. I do whisper to my family but generally try not to talk at all.


What I have learned from this is that daytime tv, even with lots of channels, leaves a bit to be desired. I have NO books on the go right now. I'm not feeling top of the world (coughing, yucky) so I can't really summon up energy to get much done at home. As I have posted before, I am useless at napping during the day. (Would pay good money to be able to do that).

I intend to return to work tomorrow, but my voice is nowhere close to being back. One year I had laryngitis for about three or four weeks. It was terrible. Hopefully that will not be the case this year.

On a different note, Hallowe'en is Saturday. We are at the end of a dead end street in a small village. We generally only get a small amount of trick-or-treaters, but some years are surprising. I have purchased Hallowe'en treats (and NOT eaten a single one). Hopefully I have enough. I like to hand out more than one thing at a time. Do you get many trick-or-treaters?

2 comments:

  1. Years ago when I was young my stress came out through my voice and while I would feel fine I would lose my voice. It was horrible because I, too, used my voice to make a living. I have not had that in several years now (thank you, Lord).
    I cannot nap either for love nor money---unless I am so sick that I can't see straight--which rarely happens...even then I cat nap in 5 min stretches and wake up feeling groggy and disoriented.
    Hope you have a good day and are back at work. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years and years ago I lost my voice and went to the doctor for a note to have paid time off work. He asked where I worked and when I said in a library he thought it was hilarious as libraries were quiet! I did get time off though as I felt awful anyway.
    I'm with you on not sleeping during the day. It happens very very rarely, yet other half nods of in 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete