Friday 11 November 2022

Good results…

 It took almost six weeks from when I had my surgery but I finally had my post-op appointment with my surgeon where I found out the final pathology results. I had a pretty good idea going in, but surprises can happen so I was anxious about this. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst as they say. 

Thankfully my results showed clean margins ( for those of you familiar with that term) , meaning no cancer was detected in the surrounding tissue that was taken at the same time as the cancer and no cancer was detected in my lymph nodes. My surgeon came in smiling saying, “ good news, huh!”

So the next step is radiation and I was delighted to hear about recent findings where, for early stage cancer, five days of radiation can have basically the same effect as 3 1/2 weeks of radiation. I do hope this applies to me as I’m quite a distance from the city where I would receive treatment. I won’t know for a few weeks but waiting has been my middle name lately!

So, this is all very good news. It’s been a hell-up-a thing but I know many women have had far worse experiences and outcomes so I count myself lucky in that respect. If there’s one piece of advice I would give, it’s get regular mammograms, even if you think nothing is wrong. The second thing I would add is to thank your nurse because there is nothing like a good nurse!

I leave you with this picture of happiness.



34 comments:

  1. Awww look at those little paws. Good news for you and best wishes for it staying that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! And a beautifully relaxed cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news. You must feel so relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy for you!!! Makes for a wonderful holiday with your family.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, really pleased that your results are good, waiting for them for me was hard. My one piece of advice for everyone is as well as going for your mammagrams is to check your boobs regularly, that's how I found my lump. Soon we will be in a new year and you can hopefully put all this behind you. It's onwards and upwards now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news, Jenn. I am so happy for you. Onward and upward!
    Love that Murph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that you have had good news. Best wishes for a calm, healthy, happy future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, yay, yay! Really good news, Jenn. I've been thinking about you and know how relieved you must be. Yes, playing the waiting game is always very hard, but I do believe keeping positive does really help. Easier to say than to do, but we gals are strong and can do it. Right? Right! Hugs to you, and smiles all around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent news. Hope you are set for the five day radiation and not the longer one. May all go well. Love the kitty stretccccch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that's such good news, I'm glad to hear it! I hope you qualify for the shorter 5-day radiation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thrilled for you, Jen. Now you can carry on enjoying retirement. Cancer has been kicked to the curb once again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news! Good luck with the radiation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such good news. Also love the relaxed cat photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pleased about the good news Jenn. Love those paws too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great news! Those kitty paws are giving you a high five.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy you got good news!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy to hear this news. I can only imagine your relief.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks to everyone else who responded. A weight has been lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely wonderful news Jenn. Great photo! ... Mary-Lou =^[..]^=

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such fabulous news, Jenn. I'm thrilled. Here's hoping you're on the five-day plan! And your blissful one is making me smile big!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My comment seems to have vanished. I echoed that it's good news and a lovely photo of a relaxed cat.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jenn, So glad to read this good news. I know what you mean about getting to appointments when the place to go is not near. It's a hassle but so neccessary. Ted and I had that type of situation with his treatments. God bless you, stay strong. xoxo,, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is very good news, Jenn. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay for good news. I believe that cat is jumping for joy with you, just a bit too cozy to do it vertically instead of horizontally, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jenn, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this. Such wonderful news! That is such a cute cat photo, too. I go regularly for mammograms. The little city I live in is quite pro-active about it all. They'll even call you to remind you that it's time to make an appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this good news! I'm so happy for you and that is one of the cutest photos ever!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Clear margins is excellent news!

    ReplyDelete