I am borrowing an idea from Home Grown Journal and Our Quiet Life in Suffolk because I enjoyed reading their responses to these questions, so I thought someone out there in blog land might enjoy mine. Here goes:
1. Do you like blue cheese?
It's not my favourite, but it is my husband's, particularly Stilton blue cheese. In fact, he often receives some as a present for things like birthday, Father's Day, etc. I like it in small doses.
2. Have you ever smoked?
I think I tried a sneaky one with some pre-teen friends and then again later tried a menthol one with a housemate in university. Now, I cannot even stand to be close to someone who smokes, even when they are not smoking, for the smell that comes off their clothes. Blech!!
3. Do you own a gun?
I am Canadian. I don't do guns.
4. What flavor of Kool Aid is your favourite?
I don't drink Kool Aid at all anymore. As a child, my mom thought a treat was orange Kool Aid and salmon sandwiches. (Note: I HATE salmon sandwiches, always have, my mother continuously forgot that fact, confused me with siblings that liked salmon)... the whole thought of Kool Aid brings back bad memories).
5. Do you get nervous before dental appointments?
Not anymore. I'm not afraid of the pain like I was as a child. Dentistry has definitely improved over the years!!
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
They're o.k. if you can have them with fried onions, but I don't eat them very often.
7. What's your favourite Christmas movie?
I LOVE Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase (Save me the neck), and I also love A Christmas Story (you'll shoot your eye out kid! I like the Wizard of Oz. Fra-jeel-ay, it must be Italian). My apologies to those who have no clue what I'm writing about.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
I have one coffee, instant, with milk (NO sugar).
9. Can you do push ups?
Hanging my head in shame here. I used to work out with weights and even then I did bent-knee push ups. Now, since becoming rather sloth-like (I'm totally blaming my waxing and waning hormones here), I don't think I could even do those.
10. What's your favourite piece of jewelry?
I would say my rings. My husband had my wedding ring made from the stones in a gaudy cocktail ring his grandmother gave him. So, my wedding ring has a square cut emerald as its main stone (which I love). He also gave me a ring with three garnets in it. Ironically, my daughter was born in May so her birthstone is emerald. And after receiving the garnet ring, I had our second child, my son who was born in January, making garnet his birthstone. I used to tell them it was like I was wearing them.
11. What's your favourite hobby?
I would say gardening, both vegetable and flowers.
12. Do you have ADD?
13. Do you wear glasses or contacts?
I have never needed glasses until a couple of years ago, when I started carrying cheap reading glasses (magnifiers) in my purse so I could read the small print on packages when I was shopping. I seem to need them even more now and it bugs the heck out of me.
14. What's your middle name?
15. What are your thoughts at this moment?
Will anyone even read this?
16. Name three drinks you regularly consume.
Coffee, tea, wine.
17. What is a current worry of yours?
Hmm, this is tough to narrow it down to one thing. Likely a family issue that I won't go into in blogland.
18. What do you currently hate?
Pajama pants in public.
19. Where is your favourite place to be?
Where I am now - home.
20. What do you plan on doing on New Year's Eve?
This year, we are having a family member stay with us for a few days, so likely we will just be home, nothing too exciting.
21. To where would you like to travel?
Switzerland, Greece, England (countryside), other parts of the Carribean...
22. Name three people you think will do this questionnaire on their own?
I'm not sure I even understand this question. Is the emphasis on "on their own", meaning without assistance from someone else? Or is this question about knowing three people who would do this questionnaire? I don't know.
23. Do you own slippers?
Yes, I'm wearing them right now.
24. What colour shirt are you wearing?
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
No. Cotton in warm months. Flannel in the winter.
26. Can you whistle?
Yes, I can. I'm no Roger Whittaker, but I'm not too bad.
27. What is your favourite colour?
There are certain shades of green that I love. I also tend to wear black. I also love a warm camel colour.... (I don't think it's fair to be asked to choose just one).
28. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don't sing in the shower.
29. Would you be a pirate?
No, I get motion sick on boats.
30. What's in your pocket right now.
31. What's the last thing that made you laugh?
The biggest laugh I had was when my son accidentally scared my husband and the way my husband shouted, did a little frightened dance, and then got mad at my son for scaring him (again, accidentally).
32. What vehicle do you drive?
A well-worn Toyota Highlander. (Which is paid for, I might add!)
33. What's the worst injury you've ever had?
I don't know if you can count this as an injury, but I had a DVT in my right leg (blood clot).
34. Do you love where you live?
My home, yes. The surrounding village, not so much.
35. Would you change your first name if you could?
No. It's who I am.