Monday, 14 September 2026

Issues with Blogger

 I can’t be the only one who has realized this but I sometimes like to put it out there and see if others want to add anything. My reading list has been stalled for about 5 days and I can only see fellow blogger’s posts that they wrote a few days ago. However if I click on one of their posts, I can then access their other more recent posts. I have no idea why the reading list is stuck like that but likely it’s not just me. If you’ve figured out a way to solve this, please let me know. 

( Of course, it’s also a conundrum in that people won’t be able to see this post in their reading lists due to this issue…)

18 comments:

  1. A blogging buddy told me about a free blog reader site called "The Old Reader" so I'm going to sign up for that and input my blog list there in order to get timely notifications of posting. It's a pain, but hopefully only temporarily until Blogger finally fixes (?) its own blog feed. In the meantime, I'm home again from my last road trip and back to daily blogging on "She Who Seeks."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seems to be having the same issue. My workaround is similar to yours.
    On my reading page, I have a button on the right "Manage". Clicking on this led me to the list of blogs I follow, and then like you, I have to click on each one to determine if there is a new post. Sadly, I see that some of the blogs I follow haven't been updating even though they were regular posters. I'm wondering if they don't realize we can still see their blogs. I have noticed I'm getting fewer views too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I imagine blog writers are thinking, why bother right now?

      Delete
  3. Sometimes the new posts show up and sometimes they don't. I have taken to clicking on the title of the blog.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here. I set up Feedly, and that is working well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it has been happening to me here in Australia too. I was wondering why I had no comments on my blog, and was alerted to the situation by another blogger. Whatever is going on in Blogland? It has done other weird things lately too. Fingers crossed for a resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept clicking around the blogger page until I found a place to complain.... and I stated the problem. Don't know if it will work, but I also found that I had a huge number of Blogs I follow... which was incorrect. So I started deleting some of the one I didn't know... again, don't know if it will help or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That EXACT problem almost ruined my blogging experience from at least a fortnight ago. Only now have I found the same solution as you, by clicking on peoples' posts regardless of date. Ggrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also had the same problem. I think Blogger is not a top priority for Google anymore when it comes to fixing problems. *sigh* For the future, I'm going to find a different reader, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As of this morning, it seems to be fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually just click on the ones in my favorites blog list on my blog, and pay no mind to the dates. I am so far behind reading all of them anyway I did not notice the problem until people began talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had no problem with using the reading list until tonight! Sept. 18th. Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can never comment on your blog using my computer. It constantly tells me I need to sign in, but I can comment on everyone else's blogs. I have to use my phone to leave you a comment. Just know I read your blog religiously and enjoy it. I haven't had problems with the reading lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow- I have no idea why that happens for you! But I appreciate that you still read my blog - little and sporadic as it is !

      Delete
  13. It's back to being stalled again but here's a tip. A time consuming one but it helps. Go to the spot that says "manage" on your comment page. A whole list of all the blogs you follow shows up. You can delete the dead ones but also right click on the urls for ones you still follow. It's clunky, especially if you follow a lot (and many might be people who no longer post) but it does work. (That's where I found your url!) Then I'm bookmarking them so there will be two access points.

    ReplyDelete