If you are familiar with me, you know this is a time of year that makes me antsy, anxious, hopeful, all those emotions because for more than 30 years I was gearing up for another school year. Of course, I’m “retired “ now but still doing occasional teaching on my own terms but old habits die hard.
I do love this time of year, regardless, with the sound of crickets and blue jays, the abundance of garden produce, and remaining colours in the flower beds. Here are some stellar examples.
Today is very rainy so I am making a batch of my traditional chili sauce that my mother always made. It is not made with chili peppers of any sort and is not in the least hot tasting. Instead it is tomatoes, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt, all spice, and cinnamon. It is cooked until thick and then canned in small jars to be kept for the months to come. It is delicious with sausage or roast pork.





No comments:
Post a Comment