Wednesday 28 November 2018

Beautiful Morning

Not a fan of winter and snow and storms, but even I had to admit that it was beautiful this morning. It looked like the December picture on a calendar, or an old fashioned Christmas card. As I was having my coffee, I did my usual letting in, letting out of cats. Samson just wanted to sit on the front porch.


This was the view to the east after significant snow fall throughout the night.


I always feel a little bad getting our neighbour's house in the pictures, but hey, you shouldn't have built right across from us!

Before I leave for work, I do my morning chicken chores - shovelling some snow so I can still open the big gate, giving them a bit more food, opening up their little door, checking if there is an early morning egg. Here are some scenes on my way out to the coop.





Now, coming back to the house.



I love the light in these pictures and the sense of blue.

I think we're in for a good, old-fashioned winter this year. I'm finishing writing this at about 5:15 p.m. and the light is almost gone from the sky. This reminds me so much of my childhood, times spent at my uncle's / grandmother's dairy farm, bundled up, walking from the house to the barn in that wintry dusk, that particular light, the squeaky sound of boots on snow.

I think I may have to start decorating for Christmas.

22 comments:

  1. Now THAT's a walk to the coop! Yes, we got the snow here too, though it looks like you have quite a bit more. And it does look all Christmassy, to be sure. But cold! I don't blame Samson -- even the porch would betoo cold for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's all snowy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I'm not a fan of all this, either, but I do love how magical it all looks. I could enjoy this in pictures while I'm lying on the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at your snow. I hope we get ours on December 24th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so peaceful. I would be sitting right next to Samson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glory be, that is some picture postcard scenery! I love your single file footprints in the snow, reminding me of Narnia-style images, especially with the blue hue. (Not hard to tell I was 25 before I actually saw snow in real life).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always amazed at comments like that, but that I think, I was in my twenties before I saw the ocean!

      Delete
  7. I still have a childish fascination with snow, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos also remind me of my childhood, and most days I still feel like I have never grown up and the memories are like they only happened yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I absolutely love snow.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does look rather pretty. I'm with you trying to be respectful of other's homes/things on my blog. I've also read several of the predictions for this winter being cold & snowy, typical of the area. You got much more than us yesterday. ... Mary-Lou =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lake effect snow. We're just in that pocket of weather.

      Delete
  11. Oh, so jealous of your winter wonderland snow! We lost our first covering with that weird warm spell a week or so ago. But this morning (Thursday) it's snowing lightly and the forecast is for about 3" today which we can use to cover the November drabness and add insulation to the ground/plants.

    Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pictures. Yes, the coloring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A real winter wonderland! But Samson is no fool. He's staying warm and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think winter is a little early this year, even for you. It certainly is too early for me, and I need to begin planning harder to stay ahead of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They did build close, didn't they. Snow here this week too but also very sunny and bright outside right now. Happy Winter!!!! Burrrr.......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures.... though I must say I don't miss getting a lot of snow....lol. Here in NC we get it occasionally but nothing like we did when I lived up North :-) Have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lot of snow! I hope it's not headed our way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely Awesome!!! I really am there through your photo's. I think you're right about our winters of long ago returning this year. Seems like everywhere the colder temps are early. Thanks for sharing your morning !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowww snow!!! So early in season....beautiful...lovely day Ria 💕

    ReplyDelete