Wednesday 21 August 2024

August continues - 5 questions

 Normally at this time of year I’m knee deep in tomatoes and such but it wasn’t a stellar year. I should pickle some beets. Apart from droning on about this and that, I looked up something like “ten fun questions to answer “ and ended up finding quite a few. 

I will start with five, randomly chosen from a big list that I found. Please feel free to chime in with your own answers in the comments. 

1. Do you prefer cooking dinner or going out? 

Now, I think my answer would be cooking dinner. It’s always less expensive to eat at home and what would be best is the whole immediate family together for a meal even something simple and informal. As well, I often have trouble deciding what to order at a restaurant and then question if I made the right choice! 

2. What’s an unconventional animal you wish you could have as a pet? 

We have two cats and I currently have eleven chickens. I don’t think people should keep exotic animals as pets for a lot of reasons, but I have an affinity toward alpacas ( have you heard the sounds they make?!?), I love and admire owls and other birds of prey (“ should have got a falcon”), and just looking at a picture of a capybara makes me happy! But I would never have any of them as pets.

3. Do you often give people second chances?

This is a tough one for me because it depends on many factors. The age of the person may allow for second or third chances because young brains are still developing and learning and figuring out limits. But if you are an adult and you’ve done something that you deliberately lied about, that hurt people, I tend to have the “ fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me” attitude. I don’t easily forgive and forget big things.

4. Do you sing in the shower?

I’m a very private singer if I’m belting something out. Alone, in the car. Of course I’ve sung a lot in teaching ( yes, I can carry a tune and have a decent knowledge of music but I don’t have a great range). I’m just quite self- conscious about letting it all hang out.

5. Would you rather spend the day at a botanical garden or an art museum?

Such an easy one for me. The botanical garden would be my choice. I would be in my happy place, taking in the beauty and energy of wonderful gardens. 

Happy Wednesday everyone and comment if you wish!


26 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried to answer questions, but blogger was acting strangely and deleting them as I wrote?? Will try again tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. 1. Do you prefer cooking dinner or going out?
    I am a very fussy and skilled cook, although going out for dinner would be excellent IF the chefs could meet my fussy needs. No meat or sea foods _at all_, but plenty of fish, pastas and rices, salads, vegetables, fruits. Thus I would go to a southern Indian restaurant in a heart beat; ditto a vegetarian Mexican restaurant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The restaurants you mention sound lovely. We live in a rather rural area without a lot of variety in restaurants. Maybe that is part of the reason for my answer, too.

      Delete
  3. 1. Eat out. Lord knows I cook aplenty at home!
    2. Probably none. I am happy with conventional pets!
    3. Yes, always.
    4. Love to sing, and did so often in performances. Lately, I rarely song. Need to change that.
    5. Oh, the garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for adding your answers! I think I knew that you were also a singer, along with a story teller.

      Delete
  4. I used to love going out, no effort on my part, no cleaning up. Now I'm comfortable at home. Except for the cleaning up darn it.
    I never sing in the shower. I actually tried it a few days ago. Naaa, not at all enthused. I like singing along to the radio in the car. When I'm alone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I would come to YOUR home to eat! (But maybe not for octopus). Yes, I'm definitely a singer alone, in the car.

      Delete
  5. I like eating at home. I am not sure of the question as a whole because I do like eating out with friends too but I think for family gatherings you can't beat a BBQ at home. I don't sing in the shower or anywhere really except sometimes if watching YouTube videos of Glastonbury or something I may sing along a bit. I like my cats and wouldn't want any other pets although I like goats which we had when we were children but they take quite a lot of work. I can generally forgive and forget and move on with one or two exceptions. I like an art gallery/museum best. Enjoyed the post Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's something I didn't know about you - that you had goats when you were young. I like goats, too, but liking them and actually having them are two different things. I always think their eyes are freakishly cool!

      Delete
  6. In winter, I'd choose the art museum; in summer, the botanical garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cooking at home and cooking for others to enjoy. Weird pet? Does our nearly tame seagull called Bernard count as a pet? (Or Annabelle the spider). Shower singing never, but did practice choir parts at the allotments. And visit a garden every time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. cook at home
    2. I'm really not a pet person...too lazy.
    3. like you said, it depends
    4. no singing in the shower but I will sing in my car
    5. garden

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting questions as they aren't a theme - good choice!
    1. cook at home
    2. I like my cats and can't even imagine having a dog. When the kids were young they had turtles and fish, though the latter only lasted as long as the tank was dirty.
    3. I do give most people the benefit of the doubt, unless it is something terribly egregious. But should it happen again, then I'm done.
    4. Not in the shower, but definitely to the radio in the car. (which is the only place I listen to music).
    5. Absolutely the botanical garden. It is amazing to see what will grow in climates other than my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, our kids had fish. They lasted a ridiculous amount of time! ( can you tell I wasn’t a huge fan?)

      Delete
  10. Trying again, Jenn...
    1. Prefer to eat at home... but an occasional out is fun.
    2. We had baby alligators when I was young - kind of unconventional. But we've had so many kinds of animals - I'd always wanted an African grey parrot... but don't intend to get one at this stage of my life.
    3. Yes, always the benefit of the doubt... and probably a 2nd chance.
    4. No... can't carry a tune.
    5. Botanical garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words a Canadian would never say “we had baby alligators when I was young “!! Baby raccoon maybe, baby deer perhaps, but never alligator.

      Delete
  11. Prefer to eat at home, menus are confusing to me and I stick to just a few main courses when we do go out.
    No exotic pets here, I am a cat person. Since our last passed away at almost 22 we just don't feel another could take her place.
    A second chance is all they get, third strike and they are out.
    I have a deep singing voice and so I always got to sing with the males in our church musicals.
    I think I might enjoy an art gallery as it has been so many years since I have been lucky enough to go to one.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love posts like this! Exotic pets? No thank you! But shower singing? You bet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. While I enjoy cooking, and do it 90% of the time - I am on my own so eating out would mean a social occasion which I would really enjoy right about now.

    I am not a pet person so nothing really appeals. I have visited the Capybaras at the High Park Zoo and was surprised at how big they are!

    I try to give people a second chance - but that's about it.

    No singing in the shower - I do try think of the neighbours :-)

    This is a tough one - I love both - so - the garden during the Summer and the art museum in the Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the questions AND your answers. I'll meet you at the botanical garden, but my silly self who can't carry a tune will probably be singing. ;)
    I always joke that I want a pet dolphin, but obviously that would be cruel for the dolphin, but a girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete