Tuesday 19 June 2018

Will this Matter in a Day? a Week? a Month? a Year from Now?

Tonight, with my daughter's help, I purchased a large pale pink album with plastic sleeves inside. I also purchased  two floral boxes, one medium sized, the other a little smaller. In these items will be placed papers and drawings and little bits and pieces of two little lives so that their mother can cherish them because that is all she has left.

Please consider, when you snap at your spouse, or become impatient with someone in a workplace, or even judge yourself harshly, will it matter in a day, or next week, or will you even think of or remember it next year. Life is just so incredibly precious. It can all go so horribly wrong in an instant and wouldn't you rather have wonderful memories and feel good about your last exchange with someone?

Please also be diligent with safety. Please check all of your smoke detectors and maintain your vehicles, and look both ways, and don't dive into the shallow end. Don't get into a car with someone who shouldn't be driving. Wear your helmet. Listen to your little voice.

As well, enjoy your life. Tell the people you love, that you love them. Make someone's day brighter. Buy yourself those shoes. Bend down and take the time to watch your little ones explore the anthill, or pick the flower. Then put the flower in a little glass of water in a cherished spot.

16 comments:

  1. Such a sad & tragic time. This young Mom has a long road to recovery not only from her burns but of the missing 3 pieces of her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent advice. My hert goes out to that poor Mom who has lost her babies. Let's all keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need to love and appreciate all those near and dear to us and all we have on a daily basis . . . and how fortunate we are because life can, indeed, change in an instant. Take time to smell the roses may be a trite phrase; you've said it so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am missing something here but it certainly sounds tragic and so deeply heart wrenching and I mourn with you for the loss of two little ones. You are so right about how life can be changed in an instant, a heartbeat. The Thanksgiving after Rick's bike accident -- a pretty bad one -- I used my mom's crystal. I never used it as I was afraid it would break. Then Rick was broken and I thought, "why am I saving the crystal? It's a thing -- a beautiful thing and things like this are meant to be used." So, we toasted to his recovery in glasses given to my parents for their wedding. And every day I remember those moments and live like it's the last -- because we never, ever know. Sending love to you and to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A heart wrenching tragedy in the true sense of the word in a small community is what I am referring to. I have a connection and it has been one of the hardest things I have had to deal with - of course nothing like what the surviving mother will be dealing with from now on.
      I don't think I knew that your Rick had a bad bicycle accident. I hope there were no lasting repercussions.

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh....feelings that we all hope that we will never experience but rarely do we get through life unscathed. My heart goes out to this woman. Take sweet care of the ones we love...sweet, sweet care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wise words. I remember my last words to my son--"I love you." And my mother, the last time I spoke with her--the same words, after our conversation about her upcoming surgery and her delight in the lovely strawberries the hospital had provided for her breakfast. And my father--"pray for me," he said--and then our usual last comment. "I love you." I would give anything to see them again, to say those words one last time. But at least I have the memory of saying them then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the reminder, Jenn. My heart goes out to you and this young mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We take our lives and our loved ones for granted, and we shouldn't. Life is fleeting and unpredictable. Thank you for the reminder xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is what the Buddha taught; but we so easily fall away until a tragedy brings it back.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely way to help this Mum. My thoughts go out to all of your community who have been affected by this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wise words - and so sad to hear of such a horrible tragedy - :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great post Jenn. One that many people need to hear. With the go go go life most people lead now, priorities are all misplaced. Life could end tomorrow for any of us. We need to be grateful, seize the day and place importance where it should be. :) Hope all is well with you. xx

    ReplyDelete