For the love of God, no more zucchinis! I have 2 on my countertop, 3 in the other fridge, and one and a half in the kitchen fridge. I just grated one and have a dozen muffins in the stove and a different recipe on the counter waiting to go in when the others are done.
The first picture is a plain zucchini muffin made with half apple sauce and half oil. The second picture are muffins with more spices in them like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
I don’t know if I’ve shared this handy hint before, but if you want big puffy muffins like you see in the stores or a coffee shop, preheat your oven to at least 400 degrees ( could even be 425) and put your muffins in for 5 or 6 minutes, then turn your oven down to the actual temperature the recipe calls for, for the remaining time. It works beautifully!
Rainy, cool, and autumnal here in midwestern Ontario today. Perfect for the smell of cinnamon!


No comments:
Post a Comment