Friday 18 October 2024

Friday, October 18, 2024

 I shouldn't be typing up this quick post. I should be standing in front of a bunch of small children, doing morning attendance. Alas, I had to cancel due to feeling really awful yesterday and not knowing how I would be doing today. I didn't want to cancel last minute, in the morning, because I know what a nightmare that is for principals or vice-principals to try to find a teacher in the morning. 

Yesterday morning I felt so horribly dizzy, the whole world was moving. I had a scheduled physio appointment and husband drove me, as I didn't trust myself to drive safely. The physio was part of my lymphatic drainage / post breast cancer and radiation treatment that I've been getting and I didn't want to miss it and have to reschedule and I knew I would just be lying down for it. 

The rest of the day was spent on the couch. This morning I am about 85% better with a hint of dizziness but I'd love to be 100% as we have two things planned this weekend. 

On better notes, our lagging Fall colour has certainly caught up and the colours are gorgeous! I never tire of seeing the leaves change and put on a beautiful show. As well it is the Full Harvest moon right now, or the "Super Moon" as some are calling it and it is gorgeously white and bright. We had our first frosty morning yesterday, but the temperatures are supposed to go up nicely this weekend, so we get a bit of a reprieve. 

Husband managed to investigate and diagnose a problem with our in floor heating system (our old house has had a few different heating systems over the years) which is good because the local company that he called and booked a technician with failed to show up and didn't seem terribly bothered that they messed up. So, husband ordered a pump, knows which pump needs replacing and will do so when it arrives. Handy guy to have around!

Chickens are molting. Cats are diligently catching mice, and bringing some to us (lucky us). Life carries on. 

8 comments:

  1. I hope you continue to feel better. Vertigo is so uncomfortable and can come on for so many reasons.
    You are fortunate to have a husband with handyman skills. I'm just in the process of trying to find someone to do a small job for me. Big jobs are no issue but something that would only take an hour or two is another matter.
    Take care and enjoy the fall colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it is difficult to find someone for odd jobs.

      Delete
  2. Is this a case of vertigo or is the dizziness something mysterious that needs to be checked out by your doctor? Sounds very unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I’m somewhat improving I think I’ll just wait and see ( dr. Would be a three week wait anyway or go to emergency and catch any number of things). It could be just some weird virus.

      Delete
  3. I agree on the weird bug (or in my case - old age)... and do the same... wait and see if it goes away in a day or so. Had this dizziness or light-headedness recently and wasn't feeling right for about 48 hours... then gone. Who knows? Glad you are feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, there you go! I suspect I’ll be even better tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. I'm happy to hear your in floor heating will be fixed. It sounds so cozy. And I guess you'll be in need of it very soon.
    Hope your dizziness stops and you're feeling better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Our furnace has already come on due to very low temperatures at night, but the in floor heat means we won’t burn through as much propane.

      Delete