Thursday 13 June 2024

A quick storm

 We sat on the porch with after supper coffees ( decaf for me) and enjoyed the rumbling thunder, odd lightning flash and a nice steady rain. Then the gods decided to turn it up a notch and the winds picked up ( REALLY picked up) and the rain turned diagonal and the hail started. I had a quick peak at the weather apps to see if there was a tornado warning. 

And then it stopped and this happened.


Her’s the other end.


The skies still looked like this but the sun was breaking through.


I do like a good storm. Right now I hear the peacocks calling from down the road and the crows cawing. 

Today could have been a very bad day, but it turned out fine. I may write about it, I may not. But right now it is fine. 

15 comments:

  1. Perhaps "fine" was your gold at the other end of that rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All land needs plenty of rain, so I have no problem with that. Preferably at night when most people are in bed. But lightning and thunder can be anxiety provoking.
    The rainbow after is probably a peace offering, once the anxiety has settled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting very dark here so we may be in for some of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a huge storm here the other night too. But no rainbow afterwards that I could see, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is as if the storm is the weather gods having a good clearout! And the reward is the rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love being able to sit outside and watch a storm. I hope you don't get any more though

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to watch a thunderstorm, from a distance. My mom used to take us out onto the back porch when we were young and I did the same with my kids.
    Lovely rainbow, and I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our day started out bright and sunny, but at 11 the heavens opened just as we arrived home and we had to run quickly into the house to avoid getting wet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh but I miss a summer thunderstorm! I used to watch them advance with their ominous rumble and dark green skies. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very glad all is well. I am with you re storms. Love a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had quite the storm here a few days ago (the 15th) and boy was there ever a light show. We watched through our picture window as it was raining too hard to even try to go outside.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had a dilly of a storm on Sunday night -- and water in the basement on Monday to prove it! That rainbow is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It must have been the week to watch storms. We sat on the porch as a storm filled with long rolling thunder and the perfect rain. It was great.

    ReplyDelete